Monday, October 19, 2009

You've Got Mail


I got such a surprise in the post this morning. There was two letters from my bank, nothing new there then. But there was a small white envelope with my name and address hand written on it. Hmmm. I threw the bank letters to one side and ripped open the little white envelope.

There was a page inside, torn from a spiral notebook and folded in three. Oooh it was a letter. Not only was it a letter but it was a letter from an actual person! I unfolded it and started to read. Took me a while to figure out what it was about and the person sending it had made a mistake and signed my name to the end of the letter so that really confused me. At first I thought it might have been someone with the same name as me trying to form a secret society of all people with the same name. Buy alas, it was not. Ha.

It was from a girl that I went to college with. We remain extremely good friends several years after graduating. She has never been the most computer minded person in the world so she was never and will never be on Facebook or the likes. Anyhow she just wanted to let me know that she had lost her phone and had gotten a new number and would like me to give her a call or text with my number.

It wasn't very exciting but it was, in a way. I started to think. I had never received a hand written letter from a friend before. Nor had I ever received a letter from any friend. Such a strange thing. I never thought before that I had grew up in such a high tech age but thinking back, I had a phone at 15/16 and computer from an even earlier age. Now of course, I didn't have bebo, facebook or twitter when I was growing up but still it just felt very odd to have never received a letter like that before.

But it was such fun. Now get writing and get to the post office!

Oh and I would write back to my friend but I don't have her address......says it all really!

2 comments:

The Jelly Monster said...

I get so excited when I get post! It's quite sad really, I'll like apply for junk mail just to get post....
I'll send u stuff if u send me stuff

TheRavingDave said...

Dude, we're so sad. I always get bills and bank statements n stuff like that. I was so excited when i got a real letter. Haha

Post a Comment