Wednesday, August 5, 2009

He Drives, She Dies!


Did anyone hear the new advert played on the national radio stations over the last few weeks? Basically its an ad where you hear two women "discussing" male driving habits. They are bitching about how men cause the most accidents on the roads.

Now I am aware of the statistics where the majority of female road deaths are caused by male drivers as can be seen in an Irish Times article from June 2008. But according to this advert, "if he drives, she dies". Fuck Off!

Clearly men are going to be the ones causing the most accidents as there are more men driving than women driving on the roads. And why is that? Cos if women were good at driving then they'd drive themselves but instead they leave it to the men to drive. I think its safe to say that if women were actually doing more of the driving, then all the males in Ireland would have been killed in a car crash already or had a couple of near misses at least.

I have an idea for a new advert and the punch line of it will be, "if she drives, you're all fucked"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Er very sexist there. DO you have any statistics on how many men v women actually drive? Or accident figures adjusted properly to reflect different percentage of drivers?
I think we both know that when it comes to most things money talks, and you nly need look at what insurance companies are charging men v women And you can bet your ass they have looked at those numbers from every possible angle to make sure they aren't losing out!

TheRavingDave said...

Hi whoopsadaisy - I appreciate your comment! Yes I'm sure you are right. My point was the advert itself. Its misleading, the wording is very questionable and its not fair to tarnish all men with the same brush. I have been driving since I was 17 years of age. I got my full driving licence the week before my 18th birthday. I bought my first car at 19 and was only ever in one accident which wasn't my fault - I was rear ended while stopped at traffic lights.

This ad just simply infuriated me and it shouldn't be allowed to be played anymore.

Anonymous said...

I've requested a list of female driver, male passenger deaths and female driver, male pedestrian deaths for the 12 year period used to back this advert up. Hope you ladies are ready for "She drives, he dies"

TheRavingDave said...

Waheyyyyy! I likes the sound of that! I'm sure that advert is so inaccurate that it will become an embarrassment to them!

Post a Comment